Megan C. Kivisto
Practice Area: Workers’ Compensation
In 2011, Super Lawyers nominated her to the Rising Stars list, which is a list generated by peers who vote for the top lawyers who are either 40 and under, or who have been practicing law for 10 years or less, who have earned the recognition of their peers as among the bright up-and-coming “Rising Stars.” She has distinguished herself within the professional community by contributing to legal publications such as the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Notebook. For the 2007 addendum to the notebook, she co-authored an article entitled, “Obtaining Medical Records, The Clayton Case.”
A member of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association, Ms. Kivisto is active in the legal community, with ongoing involvement in various organizations.
Ms. Kivisto received her Bachelor of Science undergraduate degree from Northwestern University and earned her Juris Doctorate from Wayne State University Law School in Detroit. A superior student, her law school honors included a Barrister Scholarship and the Bronze Key Certificate for Academic Achievement. Ms. Kivisto was admitted to the Illinois bar in 2003.
- Loyola University of Chicago v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2015 IL App (1st) 130984WC.
- RG Construction Services v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2014 IL App (1st) 132137WC.
- W.B. Olson, Inc. v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2012 IL App (1st) 113129WC.
- University of Illinois Hospital v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 2012 IL App (1st) 113130WC.
- Tower Automotive v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 407 Ill.App.3d 427 (1st Dist. 2011).
- Boyd Electric v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 403 Ill.App.3d 256 (1st Dist. 2010).
- Consolidated Freightways vs. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 373 Ill.App.3d 1077 (1st Dist. 2007).